Tuesday, April 15, 2008
The Epiphany
So, I've decided to starting writing in this blog to help me on my path to becoming the next J.K. or T.S. Mostly, the J.K. though. I'm interested in the fantasy particularly. Anyway, I was working in California as a courier around Hollywood when I had a sudden vision of the epic story I've been waiting to tell. You see, I'm a huge fan of Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and the Matrix. What makes them all magnificent are their strict adherence to archetypes and mythological themes of which these stories all tell. I mean these films are retelling stories as ancient as the Odyssey. The coming of age quest of the hero, the teachings from the wizard, and of course the basic struggle of good vs. evil. I wanted all of this in my story, plus all of the crazy fantastical adventures as well, but never found the right way to fit it all in. But, I think it was the recent discovery of anime influence that really got my mind moving in the right direction. If any of you have ever seen the films of Hayao Miyazaki you know what I'm talking about. He is a genus and Princess Mononoke has become one of my new favorite films. I wanted to incorporate all of my fantasy loves into my own epic journey and now I'm hoping I'm on the path to starting just that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment